Sunday 18 October 2009

Dagger 2 and Rudolf 2

As you can see by the title, yes another two cosplay update, same ones as last time too.
But yay for progress!!

First up, again is the dagger. So we left off last time with the dagger drying. So it did dry and I found that the sheath had actually shrunk... the edges no longer matched up properly... Me = Annoyed? Yes. But what can you do?

So anyway out came the no more nails and glued together it became. Not perfect but meh.

Once that was dry the painting commenced! This bit actually took most of the time because of the amount of coats I had to do. The terracotta clay needed a lot more coats than the white clay did.

So first I did the red paint. It was the largest amount and yeah... was easier, XD



Tadaah, red paint complete. Next came the gold bit that the blade sits into and the blade itself. This bit was quite simple to do really and took all of ten minutes?



Yeah in that pic the blade looks blue... but it is silver. I can assure you of that. So I actually had to leave the dagger at this stage cus I had my course and I had to work. But my next day off I continued with painting the gold diamond on to the hilt and the gold edges of the sheath. This took quite a few coats to achieve but I managed it in the end.



And now you can see the silver blade too... XD

Nearly finished now. All that was left to do was to glue on the gems and the gold piping/edging thing. Now the actual dagger that they use in the Takarazuka shows have some HUGE gems on them... and some quite fancy ones too... I couldn't get a hold of those gems so instead I had to get others and sort of do my own design with them to create a similar effect. Same with the edging. What I did end up with though... I am quite proud. Even if I did nearly glue my fingers to this thing... XD



The dagger and blade seperate... and...



The dagger in it's Sheath. Now for second piece of prop work and clay work... it's not too bad. I am actually very proud of it. And I had so much fun making it. I do know how I could improve on it, which I will take into account if I ever remake this.

But for now... I love it. ^_^

Now onto my Rudolf update, XD Not a big one really... only one more item has been added to it...



My leggings arrived. They still need to be modified with the black ribbon and the marroon ribbon, but this likely won't be done until sometime next year. Still nice and simple though. It's the top half of Rudolf that's going to give me the problems... that shirt and jacket... so many accents!! *facepalm* They are going to kill me I swear.

But yay for progress and for completion of another prop!

Bring on the Expo next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment