Wednesday 7 October 2009

Dagger 1 and Rudolf 1

Two updates today, one prop and one costume.

First up is the Dagger, aka Lucheni's pointy, XD After finally getting all the supplies in I finally made a start on it today. First I drew a blade template and used it to create the blade pieces out of cardboard. After much drawing and cutting out with scissors later...




Once that had been achieved I then got out the industrial sized bottle of pva glue. Yes, pva, XD XD Using that I stuck the four blade pieces together to create...



Yep, you can see the templates I used in the background there, XD

Then once that was done, out came the clay. And man does that stuff stink. Of course I already knew that from doing my mirror, but this time I used terracotta clay, so my hands went all orange, XD

Anyways first I tackled the bit that the blade fits into, can't remember what it's called. So I cut off a bit of the clay from the pack I had, rolled it out and after much fiddling achieved this...



Then I realised that my plan to use the wire throughout the whole dagger was kinda void... since I had already made the blade and things, XD Whoops, XD

So after that I moved onto the handle of the dagger. Rolling out the remaining bit of clay, I then sculpted the main shape of it, minus the round tip. I then did use the wire in the handle, to make it sort of easier to attach to the blade section once dry and to attach the round tip to.



Then I used the last little bit of that lump of clay to make the round tip. I actually used my ring to make a cardboard template, that I then used to make the circle. Of course my ring was too small, so I then sort of estimated a bigger circle, and then attached that to the handle.



That's the blade and handle together. However it is in two pieces, and they will be glued together once they are dry.

Once the dagger was done I moved onto the sheath. Now as you saw in a previous picture and as I said earlier, I made a rough template to use. This template was too small again, so I estimated again to get the right size, and it actually worked, XD

So yes, I cut off some more clay, rolled it out and cut out the shape. Then I used what the shape I had cut as a template for the other half, though making it slightly bigger so I could curl the edges up.



The sheath is in two parts that will be glued together once dry. Of course then I had to see how the dagger fitted in the sheath, and it didn't come out too badly...



So yes, that's what I spent the last two and half hours doing, ^_^ And I am quite proud. My second piece of prop work.

Obviously once all the pieces are dry they will be glued together. And then once dry again I will paint them. Then once dry again again I'll glue on the gems and gold edging, XD

So yes, the pointy is in progress!! XD

Now for update 2!!

My very first Takarazuka cosplay that I ever planned was Crown Prince Rudolf. This will likely be in either a group cosplay or a paired cosplay with my Tod, Telly <3

After finding the perfect pair of boots on eBay, I bid on them and won... and they arrived today. I am currently wearing them actually. They are quite comfy though currently pinching my little toes, but every pair of shoes or boots you get that you put on for the first time does that. They are almost practically skin tight aswell, which does work, XD





So yes, I now have my Rudolf boots. Yes I will need to attach the flap bit at the top, but that should be no problem.

Walking around in these boots I feel like such an otokoyaku, XD XD

I will also use these boots for other otokoyaku Takarazuka cosplays, ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment